11.24.2011

Thanksgiving Symphony



I woke up this morning to sunrays gleaming through my window and brushing my face, to the  Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade marching across my television screen, to the smell of my mom’s  homemade vegetable casserole in the oven, blurs of yellow and orange outside my window, and to that almost indescribable, refreshing feeling in my soul. Thanksgiving is so beautiful. It’s so inspiring. Instead of being broadcast on every commercial and magazine, it takes place in our hearts. In our souls. I’m thankful every day for my life, for everything, everyone in it. But today I get to celebrate them. :)

I’m thankful for my Heavenly Father and for His love for me and for everyone else. I’m thankful for the relationship I have with Him, for the guidance and direction He gives me, the comfort He brings me, for the trials He allows me to go through to become closer to Him and to grow as a person. He’s always my safe landing. He loves us all so much. He knows each and every single person here, and never wants anything less than what’s best for us. I love Him so much, and I’m so thankful for everything He‘s blessed me with.
I’m thankful for His son, Jesus Christ. I’m thankful for His atoning sacrifice for my sins, for His love, for the example He set while He was here on this earth. I don’t know where I would be without the knowledge and feeling of His love for all of us. That’s so inspiring and truly means everything.
I’m thankful to have been born in this big, loving, special family and for the unity we have.  For our unconventional, unique ways. For their love of music. For all the different colors we are. I’m thankful for loving parents that have taught me to have faith in my dreams and in Heavenly Father’s plan for me. And for my crazy siblings that have taught me so much. For my unbelievable sweet spirited grandparents and to still be able to see them whenever I can. I’m so beyond blessed to be apart of them. I love them so much.
I’m thankful for my friends. For their listening ears, comforting shoulders, and for the beautiful times we have together. They have a rare love for life, and it’s so inspiring. They bring happiness everywhere they go. They’re the most beautiful inside and out. And for the times I have my crazy ideas, they jump in  head first, fully supporting it and supporting what I love. It’s humbling. I couldn't ask for anything else.
I’m thankful for art. Photography. Fashion. Music. For movies and films. The beach. For nature. I think about it sometimes, after I've stepped outside myself and realized the way I see things may not be really customary, and I realize how blessed I am to have something that I’m so passionate about..something that makes me so happy, that defines me. It‘s impossible to verbally express how strong of a feeling it is..but I can say that I’m thankful for it. I love all of it. I’m so ready to broaden my experiences with it.

I hope you all have a beautiful Thanksgiving, eat a whole lot of good food, and enjoy it with the people you love. Soak it all in.

My yesterday was really, really beautiful. Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!





 The Indians: My Beautiful cousin, Ilyssa and Me.
The Pilgrim: My Beautiful cousin, Caroline.
<3




Paige Elyse



8 comments:

  1. :) Paige it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I loved the Pictures I really REALLY loved the Thanksgiving List/Testimony!!! I love you sooo much and I'm thankful to have a cousin just like you!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, nice Indiana party :)
    Your words are there hopeful. I hope that i will have a great Christmas as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sweetie!!

    I love your blog too. These pictures are amazing!! i love the fact that it was a full day shoot. The evening shots look amazing. And i would love some of these clothes!! C:

    abeautifulmaybe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very uplifting and your pictures are beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1,2,3,9,18 great shoots!the colours are great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I saw your blog linked over on the lookbook forum so i took a look. It's great! i love you photos!

    thebutterflykisses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete